On 23rd March, 2009 Tata Motors created history by releasing the $1000 or 1 Lakh car in India making most of the people to really go ahead and buy a car or upgrade from a bike or scooter. This car is going to fill in the economic divide and resurrect a new era of automotive engineering in this country like the Maruti 800.
The Nano will be available in three versions from April, 2009. The basic version is known as the Nano. Next up is the Nano CX which comes with HVAC and central locking while the top of the line Nano LX adds power windows to the front doors which is available only in BS III specifications while the others are BS II and BS III compliant. All versions comes with an 18-month 24,000 km warranty.
Here’s how the Tata Nano triumphs over its rivals:
1) The Tata Nano has more front shoulder room than the Chevrolet Spark
2) Tata Nano has more Headroom and is wider than the Maruti Suzuki Alto
3) Tata Nano has more ground clearance than the Hyundai i10
4) Tata Nano is quicker than the Maruti Suzuki 800 DUO till 80 km/h
5) Tata Nano is taller with more headroom, has more shoulder space and ground clearance than Hyundai’s tall boy, the Santro
You can read about the First Nano Test Drive here.
And, more details of the rivalry can be read here.